STATEMENT_National Secretariat in Kampala will be closed
23rd March 2020
Late last year China discovered a new virus that has since moved to more than 128 countries in the World and on Saturday 21st March 2020, Uganda confirmed its first case of COVID-19. The government of Uganda has put up measures to protect citizens.
Today the management in consultation with the governance board of ESAFF Uganda hereby informs the members and general public that the following actions have been taken;
1. To contribute towards efforts of fighting the spread of COVID-19 in Uganda, the Secretariat in Kampala will be closed from Tuesday 24th March 2020 until further notice.
2. To ensure the continuation of our impactful work despite this pandemic, all staff and volunteers in Uganda have been fully equipped and facilitated to work from home.
3. Since most of our activities involve contact and mass gatherings, all local, national and regional activities have been suspended.
4. To ensure that we keep communication with all members, partners and friends all our communication channels will remain open apart from the office landline.
5. To make sure our members receive the right information about COVID – 19, we will use all our different communication platform with small-scale farmers to share confirmed and verified information.
We wish you and your loved ones good health and we pray that you stay safe.
For more information;